Jasmiin Ypraus was the surprise winner of Moto 1 in Ski Ladies.
The Estonian passed the chequered flag 5.41sec ahead of Latvia’s Krista Uzare, who applied the pressure on the leader in the closing minutes of the eight-lap race.
Jonna Borgström rounded off the podium positions after pre-race favourite and fellow Swede Emma-Nellie Ortendahl failed to deliver in the race and slipped to fourth after dropping the bike and lost ground on series leader Uzare.
The leading quartet were in a class of their own.
2018 UIM-ABP World Championship – Grand Prix of Sharjah
Ski Ladies GP1 – Moto 1
- Jasmiin Ypraus (EST) – 25 pts
- Krista Uzare (LAT) – 20 pts
- Jonna Borgström (SWE) – 16 pts
- Emma-Nellie Ortendahl (SWE) – 13 pts
- Sofie Borgström (SWE) – 11 pts
- Mollie Fearn (GBR) – 10 pts
- Katriin Nilbe (EST) – 9 pts
- Lisa Caussin Battaglia (MCO) – 8 pts
- Virginie Morlaes (FRA) – 7 pts
- Janina Johansson (SWE) – 6 pts