The french rider Jeremy Perez reached the top spot in this morning’s Moto1, forcing the defending champion Yousef Al-Abdulrazzaq to settle for the second place.
Pole position holder Jeremy Perez led from Lars Akerblom but Kuwait’s Yousef Al-Abdulrazzaq was penalised for hitting a buoy and dropped into fifth before improving to fourth, his struggle exacerbated by a niggling shoulder injury. He then managed to move up from fourth and third, ending up second overall.
Team Abu Dhabi’s Rashed Al-Tayer lined up in fourth on the front row for Runabout GP1’s 25 minutes and an extra lap of Moto 1, but the Emirati made a disappointing start and was down in eighth position at the end of the opening lap.
Al-Tayer retired with a throttle sensor issue after two laps, as Perez went on to claim the win from a late charging Al-Abdulrazzaq, Akerblom and James Bushell and extended his series lead to six points.
Mattia Fracasso lost out on third place on the last lap and was towed back to the pits with a battery issue.
2018 UIM-ABP World Championship – Grand Prix of Sharjah
Runabout GP1 – Moto 1
- Jeremy Perez (FRA) – 25 pts
- Yousef Al-Abdulrazzaq (KUW) – 20 pts
- Lars Akerblom (SWE) – 16 pts
- James Bushell (GBR) – 13 pts
- Lorenzo Benaglia (ITA) – 11 pts
- Christophe Agostinho (POR) – 10 pts
- Andrzej Wisniewski (POL) – 9 pts
- Johan Johansson (SWE) – 8 pts
- Markus Schick (AUT) – 7 pts
- Samuel Johansson (SWE) – 6 pts